Our Rules: Leave nothing but footprints. Take nothing but pictures. Kill nothing but time.
Eco Treking 4 Days
Trip Itinerary (4 days):
- Day 1
- 7:30 am: Depart Chiang Mai in a southerly direction on route 108. Shop in the market for some supplies and be introduced to Thai herbs & cooking ingredients. Turn off the highway to stop at a local Karen eatery for lunch. After lunch, stretch your legs with a 3 hour hike to the Poe Karen village where you will stay overnight with host family. You will be introduced to some of our local friends and have the opportunity wander around the village. We also participate in a local tree planting project to replenish the forest (during june to august).
- Day 2
- After breakfast, spend a relaxing morning with the Poe people, getting to know them and their traditional ways. Enjoy a 3 hour hike to our private campsite near the river.
- Learn jungle cooking and jungle survival skills (how to survive on brown rice cooked in bamboo and prepare herbal tea using herbs sourced from the jungle).
- Day 3
- After breakfast, we wade up the Mao Hoo river for 1 1/2 hours passing idyllic scenery along the way. When we reach the amazing Bat cave, we explore the cave for half an hour (the Bat cave is 150 metres long).Continue wading up the river for 2 hours and have lunch in banana leaf lunch box in jungle. This is followed by a 2 hours hike up to a local Karen village where we stay overnight.
- Day 4
- After breakfast, 3 hours hike to Karen eatery and take lunch.
On the way home, we stop at Mae Chem river where you can swim and refresh (except Jun-Oct).
We arrive back in Chiang Mai at approx. 6 pm.
What to Bring on a Trek:
- A positive attitude!
- 2 T-shirts
- 2 pairs of short pants
- 2 pairs of socks
- A swimsuit
- Long-sleeved shirt and long pants (for evening wear)
- Walking shoes and sandals
- A towel
- A raincoat (June/ July & August)
- Personal toiletries, including toilet paper
- For those travelers that wish to participate in Jungle cooking, please bring a cooking knife to share in traditional Karen food preparation
- A flashlight
- Personal first-aid kit (plasters, etc.)
- Any prescribed medication you require like an asthma inhaler or other meds.
- Advice hiking shoes or trainer shoes, good water sandals like TEEVAA or Cross for wade through streams and river on second of the trek.
- For those who prefer a better sleep during the trek we would like to advice you to bring your own air mattress and trekking during December – February please bring down jacket causes our sleeping bag not warm enough or bring your own with.
What We Provide:
- English-speaking guide
- A small rucksack
- A sleeping bag
- Medical insurance up to 50,000 Thai baht
- All meals from first day breakfast to last day lunch
- Tea, coffee and drinking water
Price depends on the group size
2 people costs 7,260B per person
3 people costs 5,560B per person
4 people costs 5,260B per person
5-6 people costs 4,960B per person
( Price updated on August 15 2015 )